Saturday, June 29, 2013

Plymouth Relay for Life

 I was excited to have my stepchildren join me for this event at their school
 They had activities run throughout the event keeping people motivated
 My husband and I walking the track
The words Cure and Hope lit up in luminaries
 
 
On June 21st I had the opportunity to participate at Plymouth's Relay for Life. During this event walkers continue walking throughout the night to raise money for American Cancer Society. Joined by my family we walked for a few hours around the track, just a small portion of what walkers would do during their time there. I was able to speak with survivors and take part in the luminary event including the silent lap. Over $150,000 was raised at just this event, it shows just how important these events are towards ACS's mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment