Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mrs. Massachusetts International 2013

I am soo excited to represent Massachusetts over this coming year. Being selected for this title has been an honor and I hope to do it justice by educating people about my platform. I would like to say that I chose cervical cancer awareness as a platform but ultimatley it chose me. If I can impact the way that women think in my state about getting routine doctor visits than I know that I have been successful in my mission. Early detection is key and especially in cervical cancer, there are steps that can be done so that it never has to be life threatening, if caught in time. We as women tend to put our well being to the side to make our families our priorities and especially now with the economy are working as well as taking care of our households. Time tends to get away from us and we need a reminder to take care of ourselves. I look forward to being able to speak about this at events over the next months.


Laura Leigh Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment