Sunday, March 17, 2013

CATWALK4CANCER

Waiting for the event to begin
Speaking about my platform to hundreds of attendees
 
I received such positive feedback from speaking
This shows you how much planning and effort goes into running this event 
The audience supported each and every model that walked the runway 
 The models wore fashions from local vendors
The committee members on stage along with their faculty advisor 
 Some of the committee members that organized the event

Another committee member who made sure I was taken care of from arrival
 
 
On March 16th I had the great honor of being able to attend and witness this amazing event organized over the past seven months by high school students. It was truly a inspiring event with more than 900 attendees each year. I also received the privilege of speaking at this 6th annual event. I was able to speak about my platform and hopefully convince a few listeners to be more proactive about their own health as well as their families health. Each of the models had to undergo a application process including writing essays about the personal impact cancer has had as well as walking. All the proceeds from sponsorships, ticket sales and T-shirts go to Dana Farber Cancer Institution. One of the more touching moments was the survivor segment where cancer survivors were able to strut their stuff on the runway. All together an incredible experience and one that I will never forget!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment